This comprehensive course is split into four sections:
1. Prior to getting a puppy - 53 mins
- Choosing the right breed for your time, lifestyle and finances and finding a good breeder.
- Questions to ask the breeder.
- Preparations for puppy's arrival.
- Equipment to purchase.
- How to travel puppy home.
2. First steps - 1 hour, 44 mins
- Understanding puppy's primary method of learning, using this to establish some effective tools and understanding what patterns to put in place from the outset.
- Understanding emotions and the impact this has on behaviour.
- Reading Body Language in training, environmental situations and everyday life.
- Various options for creating a safe place and toilet training.
- Health check preparations at home, what the vet will be looking for and vaccination information.
3. Life skills - 2 hours, 38 mins
- Managing play biting.
- Exercises to teach children.
- How to handle excessive play biting.
- Station training - using locations to re-direct puppy or using environmental cues such as eating dinner to mean go to a place.
- Games and activities to develop confidence with novelty and sounds.
- Avoiding guarding - including how to make your puppy feel safe around food.
- Various methods for getting puppy away from objects or to drop objects without puppy knowing.
- Management around furniture.
- Daily management of food, training, sleep and exercise.
- Early socialisation prior to vaccinations.
- Managing two dogs.
4. Foundation training - 5 hours, 8 mins
- Understanding the training process and implementing a consistent method of communication.
- Extensive handling exercises and how to introduce equipment.
- Early preparation for separation.
- Managing jumping up and handling visitors to the home.
- How to get focus and the step by step process for successful recalls, early lead work, sit, stand and down.
- Safety position, hand targets and their uses on early walks.
- Simple movements, duration behaviours and play behaviours with you and with other dogs.
- Finally, what your early walks might look like and how to use various tools and techniques you have been taught.
Want Extra Help?
Upgrade to get the full course PLUS 2x 1-2-1 training sessions with Click-2-Heel for just £199.99!